Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Little Less Procrastination And A Little More Determination


August 22nd, 2009 was the most memorable day of all. Two of my closet friends got married and I was one of the bridesmaids. As a wedding favour I was asked to sew four bridesmaid dresses for their special day.

They gave me six months to do four dresses. This was more than enough time. For some people that is. I am a horrible Procrastinator when I know I have a lot of time to work on a project. I figured that if I do one dress per month that would leave me with two months to go and play. Hmmmm... Sounds great right? Negative... because of my lack of time management skills, I ended up playing for the first four months and working on the dresses for the last two.
Ok talking seamstress talk now.... I can't sew the dresses completely and wash my hands and say I"M FINISHED!Oh...no no no... I did something that all seamstresses would have never done... that was to forget about the fitting process. With only two months left and two semi- finished dresses... I was running out of time and to top it off the dresses did not fit. OMG!!! Only then that I started to realize, I might not have any dresses for the bridesmaid to wear on the wedding day. Oh... did I mention that the fabric was silk?? silk is so unforgiving when you make a mistake. My schedule all of a sudden became hectic. I work full-time during the day and when I come home I would work on the dresses until I could not function no more.This went on right until the very last day. I was so stressed, so tired, so sewed out that I could cry if I had to do anymore sewing. So... comes Saturday August 22nd, 2009 I sprung out of bed at 4:00 in the AM - not to mention that I went to bed three hours prior... I had a panic attack. Running on adrenaline and almost having a break down... when it was time for the bridesmaid to get into their dresses.. I remembered I felt like I was going to faint and vomit everywhere... praying that everything would go well and remarkably (thank goodness) the dresses fits to the T and the bridesmaid looked amazing.
So......Would I do this all over again??? Ummmmm.....Yes I absolutely would... but next time with less procrastination and more determination.


No comments: